Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Priorities?!

For the past few months I've been preparing for a big change that is about to happen in the near future. I had everything planned out and time tables as far as how things should progress at work and school and with my business.

But life just loves to throw a wrench in there, doesn't it?....

The past few days have been...for lack of a better word...difficult to deal with. On top of the stress of everything I already do on a daily basis, more has been added. And yesterday someone told me what they thought my priorities should be...Work.

I already work 7 days a week....and on Thursdays...I don't sleep....at all....thats right...just like your favorite vampire! So, in disbelief I looked at her and thought to myself, 'What have my priorities been?' Work....then school....then everything else....mind you...I have a mountain of laundry on my floor that has been accumulating for 3 weeks now. So when I say "everything else" I mean..nothing else. Nothing else comes before work and then school.

So I thought...what have I NOT been doing?

I haven't been eating right or cooking
I haven't been exercising.
I haven't been doing my physical therapy exercises for my back everyday like I'm supposed to.
I haven't been studying as much as I should be.
I haven't been working on any of my projects for my business.
I haven't been able to spend as much time with my family and friends.
I defiantly haven't done any laundry....or dishes...or vacuuming...or any cleaning for that matter.
And I rarely sleep.

I've worked myself to death. And now someone is standing there telling me I don't work enough and I need to re-examine my priorities. Well...now I have and I think she's right. I traded my health and my happiness for money and a good work reference. It embarrasses me to admit this. Not because I didn't also love my job, but because I put important things aside so I could work more hours.

So bring on the fresh start! and bring on the happiness....its long overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...