Monday, May 17, 2010

You've Got Mail

Why is it that no one sends mail anymore? True, email is free, but a letter only costs about 42 cents. I get much more excited when I get a letter than when I get an email. PLus who doesn't want mail that isn't a bill right?

So I'm working on products right now that encourage mailing more letters. The first one will be a mailable book. Much like a mini version of my naked books, this one will not be as thick but can be mailed and shaped more like an envelope. There will be a few to choose from. I plan on starting with craft paper ones that can be stamped, collaged on, or drawn on. I'll prob have a few that come pre-stamped with postage marks as well.

Once I get those down pat, I'm gonna start on patterned ones and a using my usual recycled materials (maps and book pages/covers).

In addition to these, I'm also making mountains of recycled magazine envelopes, and cards to send to someone special.

On a side note: I'll be putting pics of these up soon. I don't have my camera at the moment. I left it in my sister's purse when she came to visit me last and she took it home with her on accident lol. Hopefully very soon there be pics up. I'm going to try and include pictures of the process as well so you can see how these letter books are made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...