Thursday, September 22, 2011

How To: Make your own Vintage Spools and Thread Labels



If you are a serious crafter like me, you probably have tons of ribbon and thread laying around.  The worst part is they come on those ugly paper spools that take up so much room.  Its hard to find a place to not only store them but also access them quickly.  And...what if you loved all this beautiful ribbon so much that you wanted to be able to display it in a tasteful way?

I recently got so fed up that I wrapped mine all around small rectangles of card board.  I wanted to use those beautiful vintage spools you see in second hand stores.  But if you are anything like me, you probably wonder how something so small can cost so much!  If I need 30 spools and they cost from $4-$6 dollars a piece....just wow!

So I was thrilled when I came across these two posts while stumbling the other day.   Beth @ Home Stories A2Z teaches you how to make the authentic looking vintage spools that you see above.  And Cathe @ Just Something I Made helps you top them off with some amazing labels (see photo below).  With these two DIY yourself projects, you'll have beautiful vintage spools that you can use to show off all that ribbon that has been hiding in your craft closet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...