However I do have some fun and tasty treats for yall and I attempted to do a glitter French manicure.
Of course I originally found this on Pinterest but I traced it back to Kalyn's Kitchen. Her egg breakfast muffins look amazing....seeee....
Mine did not turn out this nice. I blame my muffin pan! And not that was not intended as a dirty joke! It sure did sound naughty though, didn't it?! Anyway....
The recipe is really simple and easy to modify. I used less eggs in mine.
- Kalyn says to use 12. I only used 9 because that's all I had left over in my fridge.
- Brown a pound of breakfast sausage.
- Add some shredded cheese. I also added frozen broccoli since I didn't have any green onions or spinach, which probably would have tasted WAAAAY better by the way.
- Mix, mix, mix.
- Make sure you cover your muffin pan with some PAM or use cupcake liners. This is where I went wrong! Ideally one day when I decide to start making more grown up purchases (more cookware, less nail polish) I'll buy a silicone muffin pan so I can just pop those suckers right out of there!
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. My oven is possessed so I only baked for about 9 minutes
And VOILA! Here is how mine turned out:
They look really ugly but they taste amazing! I've frozen them and eat 2 for breakfast every morning when I'm on my way to work, or take some along in a baggie if I'm running late.
Since it was Halloween on Monday I tried a little something special with my nails. I apologize because I don't have photos of the process, but I plan to do another one soon so you can see each step.
Here is the finished product! I used real cosmetic glitter and not glitter nail polish. It was a huge mess but super sparkly!
I used 'Love My Blackberry' from Ulta and SallyGirl Sparkle Effects loose glitter in purple. The glitter turned out more iridescent than purple. Plus I don't have the steadiest hand so there is polish everywhere!
Do you have any suggestions of things you would like to see me try out? Let me know in the comments!